Diabetes mellitus (DM), commonly known as diabetes, is a group of metabolic disorders characterized by high blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia) over a prolonged period of time. The symptoms often include frequent urination, increased thirst, and increased appetite. If left untreated, diabetes can cause many acute complications (diabetic ketoacidosis, hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state, or death) and serious long-term complications (cardiovascular disease, stroke, chronic kidney disease, foot ulcers, damage to the nerves, damage to the eyes, and cognitive impairment). Diabetes care devices are often used to monitor and manage blood sugar levels in the body.
The global diabetes care devices market is mainly driven by the rising prevalence of diabetes globally coupled with rapid urbanization & sedentary lifestyle, rising obese population, and the launch of technologically advanced devices. Growing awareness among people about self-management of diabetes is also likely to play a pivotal role in contributing to the growth of the market globally. However, stringent regulatory framework, high cost of few novel diabetes devices, and increase in recall of the defective devices are likely to restrain the market growth to a certain extent.
The global diabetes care devices market has been analyzed from four perspectives: Type, End-User, and Region.
Diabetes Care DevicesMarket by Type
Based on type, the market has been segmented into monitoring devices and management/treatment devices. The monitoring devices are further bifurcated into self-monitoring devices (blood glucose meter, lancets/ lancing devices, and testing strips/ test papers) and continuous blood glucose monitoring devices (sensors, transmitters, and receivers). Whereas, management/treatment devices are further divided into insulin pumps, insulin pens, insulin syringes and needles, and jet injectors. The monitoring devices segment accounted for the largest share in the market. The growth of the segment can be attributed to the rising incidence of diabetes coupled with increased adoption of self-monitoring blood glucose devices. Monitoring devices are widely used by diabetic patients on a regular basis to adjust their dietary intake, physical activity, and insulin doses in response to blood glucose values.
Diabetes Care DevicesMarket by End User
Based on end-user, the diabetes care devices market has been segmented into home care settings, hospitals & clinics, diabetes specialty centers, and others (diagnostic centers and ambulatory care units). Homecare settings dominated the diabetes care devices market owing to growing adoption of self-blood glucose monitoring devices at home owing to their affordability and high convenience. Moreover, rising government initiatives to spread diabetes awareness also contribute to the growth of this segment.
Diabetes Care DevicesMarket by Region
Based on region, the global diabetes care devices market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World (ROW). North America dominated the diabetes care devices market, followed by the Asia Pacific. The large share of North America in the global market can be attributed to developed healthcare infrastructure, growing diabetic patient’s base, and rising diabetes awareness among people. Furthermore, the presence of prominent players coupled with rising FDA approval of technologically advanced devices is also expected to contribute to the market growth in the region.
Some of the prominent players operating in the diabetes care devices market are Abbott, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Novo Nordisk A/S, BD, Sanofi, Terumo Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Medtronic, ARKRAY USA, Inc., ACON Laboratories, Inc., among others.
• In February 2020, Abbott announced a partnership with Insulet Corporation to integrate its glucose-sensing technology (FreeStyle Libre system) with an automated insulin delivery system for patients with diabetes (Insulet’s Omnipod Horizon) in an effort to offer personalized automated insulin delivery and care for people living with diabetes
• In January 2020, DKSH Business Unit Healthcare entered into a strategic partnership with LifeScan for providing marketing, sales, regulatory services as well as distribution and logistics for LifeScan across seven Asian markets i.e. Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
• In December 2019, Eli Lilly and Company announced a global commercialization agreement to integrate DexCom, Inc. products into Lilly's personalized diabetes management system, currently in development to advance the treatment of diabetes. Under the terms of the non-exclusive agreement, Lilly will use Dexcom's continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) devices in both the pen- and pump-based platforms of the system designed to help improve diabetes management
• In September 2019, Sanofi and Abbott announced a partnership to integrate glucose sensing and insulin delivery technologies to further simplify diabetes management
Key Questions Addressed by the Report
• What is the current and future prospects of the market?
• What are the key trends governing the market?
• Who are the key players operating in the market, and how intense is the segment rivalry?
• Which segment market currently holds a lion’s share of the market and which segment is expected to grow in the coming years?
• Which regional markets are expected to witness the highest growth in the coming years?
1.1 Market Ecosystem
1.2 Geographic Scope
1.3 Timeline Under Consideration
· Historical Years – 2018& 2019
· Base Year – 2020
· Forecasted Years – 2021 to 2031
1.4 Currency Used in the Report
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1 Research Approach
2.2 Data Collection Methodology
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Secondary Sources
2.3.2 Primary Sources
2.4 Market Estimation Approach
2.4.1 Bottom Up
2.4.2 Top Down
2.5 Market Forecasting Model
2.6 Limitations and Assumptions
3 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
3.1 Current Market Trend (COVID-19 Perspective)
3.2 Technological Advancement
3.3 Key Players & Their Competitive Positioning (2020)
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
5 GLOBAL DIABETES CARE DEVICES MARKET - ANALYSIS & FORECAST, BY TYPE
5.1 Monitoring Devices
5.1.1 Self-Monitoring Devices
188.8.131.52 Blood Glucose Meter
184.108.40.206 Lancets/Lancing devices
220.127.116.11 Testing Strips/Test papers
5.1.2 Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices
5.2 Management/Treatment Devices
5.2.3 InsulinSyringes and Needles
5.2.4 Jet Injectors
6 GLOBAL DIABETES CARE DEVICES MARKET - ANALYSIS & FORECAST, BY END USER
6.1 Homecare Settings
6.2 Hospitals& Clinics
6.3 Diabetes Specialty Centers
6.4 Others (Diagnostic Centers and Ambulatory Care Units)
7 GLOBAL DIABETES CARE DEVICES MARKET - ANALYSIS & FORECAST, BY REGION
7.1 North America Diabetes Care DevicesMarket
7.1.1 North America Diabetes Care DevicesMarket, By Country
7.1.2 North America Diabetes Care DevicesMarket, By Type
7.1.3 North America Diabetes Care Devices Market, By End User
7.2 Europe Diabetes Care DevicesMarket
7.2.1 Europe Diabetes Care DevicesMarket, By Country/Region
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe (ROE)
7.2.2 Europe Diabetes Care DevicesMarket, By Type
7.2.3 Europe Diabetes Care Devices Market, By End User
7.3 Asia Pacific Diabetes Care DevicesMarket
7.3.1 Asia Pacific Diabetes Care DevicesMarket, By Country/Region
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia Pacific (RoAPAC)
7.3.2 Asia Pacific Diabetes Care DevicesMarket, ByType
7.3.3 Asia Pacific Diabetes Care Devices Market, By End User
7.4 Rest of the World (RoW) DIABETES CARE DEVICESMarket
7.4.1 Rest of the World Diabetes Care DevicesMarket, By Region
126.96.36.199 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Middle East & Africa
7.4.2 Rest of the World Diabetes Care DevicesMarket, By Type
7.4.3 Rest of the World Diabetes Care Devices Market, By End User
8 COMPANY PROFILES
8.1.1 Business Snapshot
8.1.2 Products Offered
8.1.3 Financial Details*
8.1.4 Strategic Developments
8.2 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
8.3 Novo Nordisk A/S
8.6 Terumo Corporation
8.7 B. Braun Melsungen AG
8.9 ARKRAY USA, Inc.
8.10 ACON Laboratories, Inc.
*Insights on financial performance is subject to availability of information in the public domain
In this package dolor sit amet occaecat cupidatat non proident